Saturday, November 14, 2009

When Technology is a Bust....

I love technology! Some people say they cannot live without their cellphones, well, I cannot live without my computer! Life would not be the same. However, I can live without some of the problems technology creates in a person's life. For example, I just spent almost 20 minutes responding to the comments that some of my classmates posted on my blog. When I was finished, I clicked the post button and I received a message saying that it could not be posted! So, I copied my lengthy responses and refreshed the page being that it sat idle while I was typing. When I proceeded to paste the lengthy response only a section of it appeared...which means part of it did not copy! Therefore, I had to re-write 90% of it, forgetting some of the information I originally typed up. Why can't technology be perfect? Why does it present an opportunity for something to go wrong? If I would have hand-written my responses, they would not have disappeared off of the page. I would not have had to do double the work! Does anyone else ever find situations like this one frustrating?

2 comments:

  1. Jaclyn,

    Sounds like you had a frustrating night. We've all been there. I hope that this week goes better for you!!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete